Hackfest ’17- Registration Started
Hackfest is a 36 hour long hackathon to be held at Indian Institute of Technology, Dhanbad from 20th to 22nd January, 2016. It was also conducted last year and this is its second edition.
Keeping the last year’s astonishing response in view , this year the number of selections has been increased and entry to the event is absolutely free.
What is hackathon?
A hackathon is an event in which computer programmers and others involved in software development and hardware development collaborate intensively on projects. It is regarded as an opportunity for passionate people in the industry to show off their problem solving skills using recent technology. Hackathons are quite common among universities and tech companies in the west, and are now becoming a trend in India.
The purpose of Hackfest:
Our aim is to gather people who are willing to learn new things and create great stuffs to make this world a better place. Being surrounded by really smart developers, peers and engineers from top tech companies and startups, we are sure that the participants will have a very good learning experience. With the coding culture flourishing in India in past few years, we want the students to build things that solve real world problems and get out of their comfort zone.
Why attend a hackathon?
- Being present among smartest individuals, you get to learn new technologies, APIs, frameworks, etc.
- You’ll be updated with the developer community by knowing the trends in the industry.
- You’ll interact with the companies visiting Hackfest and learn about their innovations. You might even get hired for internship/full time positions.
- You’ll get to know interesting problems to work on, and also learn to solve them when you are being assisted by mentors and other developers at Hackfest.
- By the end of the event, you’ll have a working solution to some real world problem. This can be a big confidence booster and will reflect well on your resume.
- You’ll learn to define a problem, create a model for solution, plan and implement it in 36 hours.
- Last but not the least, freebies (food, coffee, beverage, T shirts).
Also, the hackathon is n ot limited to folks in software development. We are also inviting hardware solutions a t Hackfest. The best part is, we’ll provide you with the components essential for developing your solution.
This can be an opportunity for participants interested in robotics and software development to collaborate to create really cool projects.
For any queries, reach out to us on our facebook
Latest posts by Akshatha Raikar (see all)
- Avoid the basic mistakes of your Resume - January 19, 2017
- Eyes captures attention… - January 19, 2017
- Probationary Officers/Clerks in South Indian Bank Ltd - January 19, 2017