The Union Public Service Commission has released a recruitment notification for the posts of Assistant Hydrologist and Director. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the same through the prescribed format before May 2, 2019.
1. Number of posts for Assistant Hydrologist- 50.
2. Number of post for Director- 1.
How to apply for UPSC Assistant Hydrologist and Director posts:
1. The Candidates can visit the commissions ORA website www.upsconline.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in
2. Interested candidates can apply to the post through the online mode on or before 2nd May 2019.
3. Candidates can take a printout of the finally submitted online application for future reference.
Functions of UPSC:
Under Article 320 of the Constitution of India, the Commission is, inter-alia, required to be consulted on all matters relating to recruitment to civil services and posts. The functions of the Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution are:
1. Conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the Union.
2. Direct recruitment by selection through interviews.
3. Appointment of officers on promotion / deputation / absorption.
4. Framing and amendment of Recruitment Rules for various services and posts under the Government.
5. Disciplinary cases relating to different Civil Services.
6. Advising the Government on any matter referred to the Commission by the President of India.