KMAT 2016 is a Karnataka state level entrance examination which is conducted for admissions to post graduate management programmes in the private B-schools of Karnataka state for around 10,000 seats. The Karnataka aspirant for admissions into MBA/MCA and PGDM across its B-Schools must appear in this examination. Kerala aspirants can also appear in the KMAT 2015 examination.
The Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) has over 169 member institutions which are affiliated to respective universities in Karnataka. KPPGCA has been conducting the admission process for filling up the management seats in the member institutes through KMAT exam across its centers in Karnataka. The exam was conducted on Sunday, August 2, and the results are likely to be announced on August 12, 2015.
Exam Name: Karnataka Management Aptitude Test
Exam Level: State Level
Exam category: Post Graduate
Commonly known as: KMAT
Conducting Institute: Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA)
Here are the eligibility details for KMAT:
- Candidates with a recognized bachelors degree and a minimum of 50% aggregate are eligible to appear in the KMAT 2015 entrance examination and take admission in the 169 member institutes of Karnataka.
Application Form: The application form for the exam can be filled online. They must follow the below given instructions for successfully filling the forms.
1. Students must fill the name as mentioned in the School and Graduation Certificates.
2. Tick the appropriate nativity if you are not a Karnataka state student.
3. Students must select and mention at least two preferred Test centers from the list provided.
4. Eligible students should Tick the appropriate Test for which they are appearing.
5. The Stream at the graduation level should be ticked correctly.
6. Complete and correct Address for communication purposes should be written correctly.
7. The Fee payable via DD should be made in the favor of KMAT 2015, payable at Bangalore. For MBA or MCA a DD of Rs 700.
8. Students should keep a photocopy of the Application Form and DD as a proof of acknowledgment.
As per the official exam pattern,the KMAT 2015 entrance exam is an objective type test and is different for MBA/PGDM and MCA. The Exam Pattern of KMAT 2015 for MBA is as follows,
Admit Card: The Admit Cards for KMAT was issued to all the students who registered successfully for the KMAT 2015 examination 2 days prior to the exam day, i.e. July 31, 2015. The Hall ticket or Admit card can be downloaded online by entering students Application number and Date of birth.
Result: The Result for KMAT has been announced on August 19, 2015. As per KMAT officials, the result was scheduled to be declared after 10 days of the test, which was August 12. The declaration of result was postponed by a week. Candidates can view their result online on the website by entering Roll Number and date of Birth. The Result will be in the form of Score Card which is required to be presented at the time of admissions in the participating institutes.
Participating Institutes: The list of few of the Participating Institutes of KMAT 2015 is provided in the table below,
|A.J Institute Of Management (AJIM)||MBA||Mangalore|
|A.V.K Institute of Management||MBA||Bangalore|
|Acharya Institute Of Management & Sciences||MBA/MCA||Bangalore|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School||MBA||Bangalore|
|Bangalore Institute Of Technology||MBA/MCA||Bangalore|
|Karnataka Law Society Institute of Management Education & Research||MBA||Belgaum|
The official website has the list of all the 169 participating institutes which take admissions on the basis of KMAT score of the eligible students for filling up the seats of MBA/PGDM and MCA programmes.
Address: The Secretary, Seshadripuram First Grade College, C. A. Site No. 26, Yelahanka New Town,
Bangalore – 560 064.
Phone: 91 9343996665 / 9343996664